Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Fall, Y'All!

My favorite time of year. Warm organic apple cider with a dash of cinnamon in it. I love the thickness of the liquid and the warmth that it seems to radiate as you swallow it. I love that when you look in the mug you cannot see to the bottom because you know you are getting the whole apple every mouth full. Hay rides. Bonfires. Cool mornings and evenings. It is gorgeous when it looks like it is raining leaves, too. Noticed that the other day.

 The bible study, The Excellent Wife, is a really difficult book. We began the study by holding ourselves up to Proverbs 31. I am not that picture. Perhaps in some ways, but not in nearly enough of them. I work with my hands, though I could in more ways and actually make an income. I have also really been focusing on II Corinthians 13:4-8a. It is the portion in the NT that describes what love is and isn't. Love does not seek its own. One thing that is hard is to figure out is how to better serve my husband when he is hardly ever home. I am by no means making excuses; just at a loss. Finding our connection after he has been on duty is also difficult. I was a very independent, feministic, single-parent woman when I met my husband. It is much easier to fall back into that lone ranger mentality that to pick up where we leave off and it is definitely my comfort zone. Not the feministic part anymore because I understand the purpose of a wife and the institution of marriage in a biblical way.

Completely different subject. I get to meet a pet squirrel today. Sooo excited. Will post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment